The colder weather brings on an excitement for the holiday season, thick sweaters, fuzzy socks, and yummy food including a household favorite, our Potato & Carrot Soup Recipe. And now that’s it’s FINALLY cooling down in Texas, I’m diving right in.
Turning into an annual event, our Potato & Carrot Soup Recipe makes its debut each fall with a fun ‘Soup Day’ with friends. It’s definitely a crowd favorite that friends look forward to eating each year.
Plan A Night In With Friends
Turn the fireplace on, pour a glass of wine, smell the aromas of this delicious soup and enjoy some great music to dance to while making it.
I have a lot of great memories of cooking with friends and family while singing along and busting a move on the kitchen floor.
Check out and follow the MUSIC TO… GROOVE TO playlist on Spotify. What’s your favorite song to kitchen dance to?
Time to Cook
What you’ll need:
- Crockpot (I use this 5-qt. Cooks crockpot that I purchased from JCPenny’s in 2015)
Ingredients- All items can be found at a neighborhood grocery store.
6 carrots (diced)
6 golden Yukon potatoes (peeled and diced)
1/2 yellow onion (diced)
40oz chicken broth
1 tsp salt
1 tsp pepper
1/8 tsp. red pepper flakes
3 tbs olive oil
2 garlic cloves
1 1/2 cups of half & half
1 1/2 cups of shredded cheddar cheese
6-8 strips of turkey bacon (cut up into small bits)
- (Approx. 30 mins prep time) Peel and dice carrots and potatoes. Dice yellow onion.
- Spray the inside of the crock pot with non-stick spray. Combine diced potatoes, chicken broth, salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes in crock pot.
- In a skillet, saute the diced carrots in olive oil for 3-4 mins. Add in the onion and garlic cloves for an additional 2-3 mins or until onion is clear.
- Add in carrots, onion, and garlic mix to the crock pot mix.
- Cook on high for 2-3 hours or until the potatoes are soften.
- Cook turkey bacon (topping). Once cooled, cut up in small topping bits.
- After 2-3 hours when potatoes are soft, use a potato masher to smash the diced potatoes and carrots down in the crock pot.
- Add in half & half and cheddar cheese. Stir until cheese has melted completely.
- Serve with bacon bits and shredded cheese on top.
- Eat up!