Hard to believe it’s been 6 years since this little site kicked off. What started as a project in grad school has grown into an outlet where I’ve been able to share my experiences in the music world on all spectrums.
In a perfect world, we would have been celebrating tonight at a concert with some friends and more than enough beer. However, today, we’ll be throwing a little bash for ourselves at home, the music will go on!
To celebrate, I thought I’d share 6 things I’m loving during this strange quarantine period of life…
- Broods | I can’t stop listening to Broods. I saw them open for Marina’s tour last year and have been hooked since, however, things have definitely amplified over the last few weeks. Fun, synth pop, good for living room dances at the end of a ‘WFH’ day. Don’t even get me started on that collab project with San Holo. Yassss.
2) Free Concerts | It’s been over a month since my last live show but I’ve been attending concerts from the couch for a few weeks now. I’ve gathered some of my favorite free full concerts available on Youtube. Adding more as I see them! Holler if you have a favorite I should check out.
3) The King | I love watching period drama movies and found this AMAZING film on Netflix last week called ‘The King.’ It was released on November 1, 2019, stars Timothée Chalamet (now obsessed) and has the MOST incredible film score by Nicholas Britell. I watched this movie 3 days in a row last week, very unusual for me, but love love love the story in this film, the cinematography, the music, everything. Highly recommend checking it out!
4) Soup, yeah you read that right | Random, but I’ve been on a bit of a soup kick lately. I’m really enjoying having the time to try out different recipes each week. Creamy Chicken Tortellini Soup is on the menu this week but my all-time favorite is my loaded potato and carrot soup. I’ve gathered materials, the recipe, and a perfected playlist for this one. Grab your crockpot!
5) Fender Lessons| I learned last week that Fender is offering 3 months of free guitar, bass, and ukelele lessons online. How cool is that! The perfect time to pick up that guitar that’s been collecting dust and actually learn a thing or two. Check it out here.
6) Crew Nation | The largest live entertainment company, Live Nation, has started a fund called Crew Nation in which crew members of tours, venues, all those behind the scene folks that help make concerts happen can apply to receive financial assistance during this time.
Live Nation has committed $10 million to Crew Nation – contributing an initial $5 million to the fund, then matching the next $5 million given by artists, fans and employees dollar for dollar. You can support with a donation or by purchasing some cool ‘Crew’ merch.
It’s funny looking back each year to see what I do for these birthday celebrations. I said this last year on our 5th birthday and it still holds 100% true.
I genuinely love music and love meeting people through music and the goal of ReverberateMUSIC is to share great music. I’ve been fortunate to meet and work with some incredible folks during the last five years of this thing and am pumped to continue whatever lies ahead.
With all that said, thanks for enjoying music with me. I hope I’ve inspired you to maybe check out a new artist or song or playlist you wouldn’t normally have listened to. I’m always down for recommendations as well. Send me an email, DM me on Instagram.. whatever, just holla!
Year 6 ReverberateMUSIC, let’s get into it…